Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, February 14, 2014

Day of hard work

I got an early start and worked until I could go no more. If you enlarge this photo you can see where that old patching material is (center right), which I'm positive is one source of last year's leak.


Here are close-ups of the same area.


I patched the holes and tried out the Thoroseal powder. I think the coating materials all work (or not) equally well.


I used the Thoroseal on the floor area that I'm sure doesn't leak. And don't get too excited about my progress today. It's just the first coat on the white part. I may not finish the whole tank, but whatever I get done will stop a lot of leaks.


Work will get harder as I have to reach so far up the wall. I guess I'll have to tie an extension ladder to bushes on top to keep the ladder from sliding down. That's only on the steep west and south walls though. The above view is looking north. I just take it one day at a time and try not to think about the torture ahead. 

On a brighter note, an AZ Powdered-Skipper seemed to enjoy the new tank coating, so I had to take a quick break to capture that. I love* that I'm starting to see butterflies again.


*Since it's Valentine's Day I had to use the word "love" at least once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment