Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

So much to blog about today

Yesterday and today the weather was perfect, so I pushed myself to the max. I don't know how much more perfect weather I can stand. Left the iphone at the house and too worn out to go get it for photos, but tomorrow I'll post some for those of you who aren't sick of seeing the inside of that tank. Mostly today I did my requisite one gallon of Drylok plus put the first coat of patching on those gaping holes. I did a lot of cleaning and shoveling the dirt. All the water I can pump out is out, so will have to wait for it to evaporate. I figure I'm a bit ahead of schedule and might finish in 3 more weeks at the rate I'm going. My estimate is that I'm close to half through. I don't plan on putting two coats on places in the floor where I know it doesn't leak. Just the cracks can leak on the floor. The concrete is real thick. One coat will be enough, so it'll go fast.

There's an injured (or sick) Ringtail in the courtyard and I don't know what, if anything, I can, or should, do about it.




Saved the best for last. I got a lifer butterfly today at the oasis. A Great Purple Hairstreak! It's host plant is mistletoe. Of course I needed Brian to ID it for me. I swear I looked through Kaufman's butterfly guide twice and couldn't find it. But it's in there. So exciting!

And I accidentally photographed a Black Swallowtail in flight. It's so cool to see the butterflies in their crisp new spring plumage.


No comments:

Post a Comment