Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day of rest

Stuck in town today and trying to get rested up. I'm run down and hurting from a fall I took a couple of days ago. Nothing serious, just wearing no-tread shoes going down a wet slope. Landed hard on my tail bone because I was trying to protect my camera instead of myself. Ended up getting the camera muddy anyway, but after I cleaned the mud off it, it was no worse for the wear. Now me, that's another story. So trying to take it easy because tomorrow is a heavy banding day. Growing old isn't for the faint-hearted.

I had fun today entering some old dragonfly sightings into the Odonata Central online database. I had half-heartedly set out to do it a couple of years ago, but now that I have a couple of good records, and that rare Cream-tipped Swampdamsel, I had to get serious about doing it. The site had seemed rather user-unfriendly, but now I dove in and mastered it, and even like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment