Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

A ball at Balmorhea

Went odeing with Jeanne Tinsman, who is an expert Nevada odonate vetter. So much fun, but not enough time. I think the last time I went odeing with someone in the Big Bend was with Kelly two or three years ago and I forgot how fun it is to go with a dragonfly aficionado. Incredibly we found several Halloween Pennants. I had only seen that species once before in Lajitas with Kelly. The Odonata Central database has just one record for Reeves County, where we were. That was in 2013. We saw at least two at Balmorhea State Park and another at the lake there. And we didn't cover all that much area looking either, so there were surely more of them around.


While Jeanne is an expert at Nevada odes, many of our W TX odes are unfamiliar to her. Neither of us knew what this one was until looking it up in the book. I'm familiar with male Commanche Skimmers but this is my first female photo.


Gotta go to CMO and water tomorrow. I know I'm going to be dragging after today, so it's off to bed with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment