Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, July 16, 2018

Vacation's almost over

My husband is coming back from his family's Colorado vacation today. He didn't feel able to go trout fishing, and not permitted to build a campfire, so hope he enjoyed the antics of his grandkids and great-grandson.


And I should get my pickup back later this week, so life should settle back down to normal, whatever "normal" is.

I didn't know he was coming back today and I came down to CMO to water. Not going to go back to town until I do, so won't be back until some time tomorrow afternoon.

I lucked onto a new ode for the oasis, a Southwestern form of Eastern Ringtail. This is a female. They're fairly common, just haven't had one at the oasis before.


All along the arroyo the soapberries are blooming. I love them because they planted themselves and I don't water them.


And I also love these acacias that don't have thorns. I think they're Schott's Acacia, but not positive. Maybe it's Huisache. Whatever it is, I didn't have to plant or water it.




No comments:

Post a Comment