Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Back to peach drying

Had to get to town this AM and pick and dry more peaches. Making progress.


My cholla patch at the oasis is way above my head now. Sure hope a Lucifer Hummingbird builds a nest in it sometime.


The little Chinkapin Oak that got ravaged by that big bear last October is growing new branches. Not that it'll do it any good once it gets acorns on it. If I had it to do over I wouldn't plant a single oak tree.


I only spent one day at CMO watering and saw a new oasis butterfly species (Zebra Heliconian). Imagine what I'd see if I was there longer. Once I get the peaches done and a few other obligations, I hope to spend 3 or 4 days down there. My plan is to start those days Thursday, when I have to go water and service feeders again.



No comments:

Post a Comment