Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Marathon

I just up and went late this morning after I filled a dryer with peaches. Didn't see anything that I hadn't seen during my last visit, but had fun photographing one, or more, Four-striped Leaftails.


The tail of the leaftail looks pretty cool photographed from a frontal angle.


And I think I've figured out something about my Lumix camera that will help me get faster with my focusing. There's a "Manual Focus assist screen" feature that greatly magnifies an area on the screen. That messes me up in several ways. All I see is a blur obscuring the ode I'm trying to photograph. It also tricks me into thinking I'm zoomed in farther than I really am. And no way can I hold the camera still enough. It's like hand holding a telescope while looking at the stars. Checking the manual, it seems I can close the magnifier by pressing the shutter button halfway. Can't wait to try it and get fluent doing it. That should make a lot of difference.

Also got an adult male Sulphur-tipped Clubtail this time. July 1st I photographed an immature male (or female). Maybe this is the same one all grown up.


I had always intended to just save my better shots and delete the others but I realize that even though some aren't so good, they're documentation for a time and place. So I guess I'm stuck with the majority of my 30,000 photos. Sigh!


No comments:

Post a Comment