Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Marathon fix

Decided to spend a couple of hours in Marathon. Would have liked to stay longer, but I wear out after an hour or so. Gage Gardens is now on the wildlife trail.


There were an unbelievable amount of flowers in bloom.


Red Bird-of-Paradise (Caesalpinia pulcherrima)
Crimson Patches were everywhere.


The best bird I saw was this calling Yellow-billed Cuckoo.


At Post Park I photographed a couple of nice odes.

Sulphur-tipped Clubtail

Four-striped Leaftail




4 comments:

  1. Do you know if they ever got a sign for the prairie dog town? Loving your updates, thanks for letting me live vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I know all about living vicariously. As far as I know they still don't have a sign at the prairie dog town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frustrating! I think my request to add that site got lost in the shuffle when they had some turnover in personnel. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete