Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, July 6, 2018

Pickup down

Well, hindsight is always 20-20. A week or so ago I thought my pickup was a little slow to shift once in a while but didn't see any fluid under my vehicle when it was parked so didn't go to the trouble to figure out how to check the fluid. Then yesterday evening going through the Border Patrol checkpoint I smelled a rather strong chemical smell. Thought maybe from the BP station. Then my pickup was slow to shift driving away, and the smell didn't go away. When I got to Alpine and the gas station I got worried. It was hardly shifting at all. Since I was a few blocks from home, I continued on. When I got to the house, fluid was running out under my pickup. Not good.


Wish I had stopped at the BP station and looked underneath, then called someone to come bring fluid so I could have made it back to town without chancing damage. Sigh! The mechanic towed it off this morning and will either fix the leak or, worse case scenario, put in a new transmission.

It's always something. The pump still isn't working and haven't heard from the electrician. But I have water and no health problems at this time, other than the ever-present arthritis pain. I'm optimistic.

Alpine has been getting daily rains and cloudy weather, so not much butterfly and ode activity.

Common Sootywing

Mating Blue Dashers

No comments:

Post a Comment