Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, June 3, 2019

It happened again


Like dejavu. I just got to town shortly before 9 PM and Mac texted me that it was pouring rain there. All my pumping today was probably for nothing, and I think the intake in the upper dirt tank is plugged up. It took 23 hours of pumping to empty it. Now it'll probably fill up before I can get it cleaned out. Mac said there's over an inch in the gauge. I just hate missing the rain again, but Hugh has his cataract surgery tomorrow in Odessa and I have to go with him. Can't get back to the oasis until Wednesday evening.

Mac saw a bunch of baby quail this afternoon so either new ones hatched or the other ones survived the hail storm. At least no hail today.

The arroyo ran and went over the dam this time, so that means all tanks are full, or will be when I do some more pumping. It's torturing me not being there.


No comments:

Post a Comment