Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Puny day



I'm not sure why but really dragging today. Came to town. Hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow. Have to accompany my husband to Odessa to the eye doctor in case he needs me to drive him. And tonight I have to monitor my drying apricots. If my husband can do the driving tomorrow, I'll sleep.

Here's the only photo I took at CMO before leaving, other than the above scenery.

Female Eastern Amberwing
Mac has been desperately trying to get a photo of newly hatched quail chicks. When they're first hatched the parents are terribly protective, knowing the chicks know nothing about how to survive. But they relax after a week or so when the chicks start behaving like they're being taught to. So today Mac finally got this shot. Better than nothing, but he hasn't given up on getting younger ones.


I love baby chicks. Could sit and watch them all day. Mosquitoes are getting bad at CMO, as are weeds. The stucco tank is leaking pretty bad, like 3" a day. That rate will lessen as the water level goes down, but it's still depressing. That's a lot of water. It takes at least an hour of hard pumping with a 3" hose to put  that  much water in the tank, so it has to be leaking like a sieve. Nothing I can do about it, so have to let it go. Even the lower dirt tank doesn't leak more than that. At least I have the new tank, and the big concrete tank doesn't leak. Just evaporates.


No comments:

Post a Comment