Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, July 8, 2019

Slowing down


I was eager to get to the oasis this morning where normally I would have started pumping the water left over in the dirt tank into the stucco tank. It was full when I left 2 days ago, but today is was down 5".  I just didn't do it. Surely we'll get plenty of rain this summer. The fuller the tank is, the more it leaks, so it seems hopeless to keep topping it off. I'll let the dragonflies enjoy it. After all, I have the security of the new tank now. And at some point I'll have to slow down, so I just napped and watched dragonflies. Nothing interesting there, but I won't know if I don't look.

I like this photo I took of an Orange Skipperling... a common species.


Also this photo of a Staghorn Cholla moth caterpillar munching on Tasajillo Cactus.


All in all, a good day with good weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment