Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, April 13, 2020

Alpine miscellany

The mostly Mexican hybrid duck has apparently started incubating today. She's been on the nest all day. So today is Day 1 of approximately 28 days.


I realize we're living in an historic year that will be the subject of documentaries forever more. Here's a little of my family's documentation. Me entering the war zone (grocery store during senior hour) in Alpine where no cases have occurred yet.


My grandson, who lives in Lubbock with his girlfriend who works in a grocery store. She tested positive. They both got mildly sick, but are recovered. They have four days of quarantine left, then have to get retested before they can go out. They've learned to cook actually. My daughter has given them hours of lessons via phone. 


Austin is becoming a hot zone. Here's my son (Leonardo) and his wife (Morgan), who live there.


And my other son, Eric, who lives in Alpine. He has the right gear but I doubt he'll wear it. We'll see.


I don't want to leave out my daughter, who lives in Dripping Springs.That's her husband hamming it up for the camera behind her.


The other day at the oasis I saw a bright object in the sky. I assumed it was a star, but took a photo of it just to see how it would turn out. Anyone have an idea why it turned out like this? Maybe something to do with my camera?




No comments:

Post a Comment