Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, April 17, 2020

Migrants starting to arrive

Besides several warblers, this Solitary Sandpiper visited the oasis today. My best guess is that it's eating a female Flame Skimmer dragonfly.



I found out who the dogs belong to..... four miles from the oasis. Apparently other property owners in the area have complained about them, so I called the sheriff and complained too. I've never allowed birders to bring their dogs to the oasis. There's ample reason not to want dogs here.

The poor pondweed. I don't know if it'll make it in spite of my efforts. It's almost all out of water now and not growing fast enough in the water. Maybe insufficient mud in the bottom, but I would think there would be plenty. Just have to wait and see.



2 comments:

  1. Migration starting in Swisher County today as well. Had our first Bullock’s Oriole and 2 Western Kingbirds today. Also a Scissor-tailed flycatcher yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's interesting that it starts at the same day.

    ReplyDelete