Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Alpine nesting

Today I discovered a Black-chinned Hummingbird nest in an Arizona Cypress tree. Hoping it'll succeed so I can photograph the feeding of the young. It has two eggs in it. I'm not going to look in it again because I don't want to disturb the female or attract any attention to the nest.


Also seems there are two pair of Vermillion Flycatchers nesting this year. Maybe I can locate a nest and get photos of them feeding too, when the time comes.

I finally spotted one of our feral hybrid Mexican Ducks in one of the nest tubes I made earlier this year. I took a bad photo of it, as it's really well-hidden. Maybe tomorrow I can do better, but you get the idea. She's either laying another egg or beginning incubation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment