Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Good migration day

I managed to finish watering, get my pickup jumped, and get to town. Weird times. On the way to town there was a ton of traffic, a wreck, and a dead elk (not related to the wreck) along the side of the highway. Got a new battery ordered. Will get it installed tomorrow. Whew!

I didn't take time to watch birds much but there were sure lots of them there. My favorite was a couple of Indigo Buntings. I got only a bad distant shot of one preening.


I was sad that I can't share migration with birders, but then I thought at least it's here for the birds to enjoy, and I'll focus on that. Can't be sad seeing so many happy birds.

Not many butterflies. Saw my first Dainty Sulphur for the year.


And hardly any odes. If I seem shallow during this stressful time, it's just that I know people need a sense of normalcy and a diversion. Believe me, it's difficult for me to carry on like normal. 


2 comments:

  1. Carolyn, your blog does lift everyone's spirits. Though I can't be there in person (as I have been in late April for the past several years), at least I can live it vicariously. Enjoy that Oasis for all of us. :-)

    Carla in north Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm trying, but it's just not the same. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete