Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, April 16, 2020

My day today

I left town this morning for the oasis. Along the way I encountered what appeared to be a tomato dump. Didn't look like an accident, but don't know. Strange times.


At the oasis I photographed an American Pipit down in the stucco tank. Still early for many migrants. Another week should start more activity.


While watering trees I heard a loud lapping sound. Thought it might be a mountain lion, but when I went to look there were a couple of big dogs there. Not knowing if they were aggressive, I went to my pickup and retrieved my gun. But they sauntered off when I yelled at them. This one looked like a Rottweiler to me, but I don't know dogs that well. It stressed me so bad I became short of breath and had to quit watering and go take a nap.


I have no idea whose dogs they are, but I'm more afraid of animals that don't fear humans than I am of wild animals.

And I keep forgetting to mention, I haven't seen the Golden-fronted Woodpecker in nearly a week now. I'm sure it's gone. So it just overwintered here. I can live with that.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. You never know about big dogs out on a freedom run. The collar suggests they have made a break......

    ReplyDelete