Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Desert Kingsnake

My husband was cleaning up some junk left behind one of our recently vacated rent houses while I was inside working. I didn't even have my cell phone with me, so when he called me outdoors to look at this snake, all I could think to do was put the snake into my empty mop bucket until I could get my camera. I couldn't figure out what it was. My snake guide books were at CMO. So I posted it on iNat and soon had the ID. It's a Desert Kingsnake. It was about 12-18 inches long but they can get much bigger. It obviously had eaten recently so I'm sure it'll be fine until it finds its next meal.


CMO tomorrow. YAY!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, that's gorgeous! (Of course, that's only what I'd say if I saw a handbag or a pair of heels made out of it, and not what I'd say if I came across it alive in the garden! 😱)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was really a gorgeous snake too! I'd never seen one and was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete