Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, November 18, 2022

Big bad bear relocated

I wasn't among the many complaining about the bear, but I'm glad it has been removed and relocated. The people look small in comparison to the bear.



Maybe the oasis will get a couple of years relief before a bear that large comes around again.


I made a quick trip to the oasis this morning. Would have stayed longer but the weather is bad. Better off sitting in town by a warm fire watching the birdbath and TV, and playing on my superior computer. While there, I noticed the cold front has brought more birds in. Especially enjoyed the continuing Varied Bunting, and a White-throated Sparrow, the first I've seen in years.



As soon as weather permits, I'm going to finish the planter box. Have decided to plant Turk's Cap in it. Tolerates the shade well and grows fast. Hummers love it! I'll take a cutting off one here at our place in town. Maybe I can start it indoors, which will make winter more tolerable!


No comments:

Post a Comment