Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Another exhausting day

I hurried and finished my work so I could ride along with Teresa to the L E Woods Picnic Area. She took the hiking trail to bird and I puttered around the creek. Neither of us found much of interest. The creek only had occasional puddles of water in it. I tallied 5 odonate species for the day and a few more butterfly species but all the same ones as on previous visits there.

I did see this pretty flower that I don't remember seeing before and did get a welcome break from work. I was told it looks like a dark Mexican Evening Primrose.


I photographed a Desert Cloudywing that I tried to make into something else until Brian set me straight.




But I can't complain after scoring that Erichson's White-Skipper yesterday in Marathon. Just wish I had gotten better photos of it. So many butterflies covering the Button Bushes that I lost track. Here's another of my poor shots of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment