Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Yet another hot, dry day

This weather pattern has to end sometime, at least that's what I keep telling myself. I did my usual thing, watered and took pictures. Late this afternoon a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher stopped by for a drink. I wish I could have gotten a better photo of it, but it was really far away and not about to come closer.


Other than that, not much activity today, but then, I didn't get here early like I normally do. I had only been in town less than one day so didn't have things caught up there. I came down because of the group of banders coming early in the morning. Of course, I love an excuse to come right back down and with the unrelenting triple-digit temperatures things need watering as much as I'm willing to water.

There were a couple of very cooperative saddlebags perched in the shade, so I took lots of photos of them. This Red Saddlebags has some red mites on it, five to be exact. You may need to enlarge to see them.


And after not being able to get photos of Black Saddlebags for years, suddenly they're everywhere this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment