Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Really exhausted and hoarse

Got up at 4 AM and started my day. Watered the courtyard in the dark to reserve daylight hours for other things. Kelly banded 42 hummingbirds at the oasis early this morning. In the mix was the first juvenile Calliope Hummingbird of the year.

Juvenile male Calliope
Today he also banded a speckle-throated juvenile male Lucifer Hummingird. It's that time of year.


Kelly took this series of photos of a Western Black-necked Garter Snake consuming a Leopard Frog. See how much better his photos are than mine? (Posted with his permission)


And my butterfly guru, Brian, gave me permission to post his photo of Ursine Giant-Skippers, one of his favorite species.

Ursine Giant-Skipper (Megathymus ursus), male top, female beneath, collected from the Franklin Mountains, El Paso Co., TX fall of 2014 as larvae (permit #2014-03), emerging spring-summer 2015.
Today at CMO there were several Blue-winged Teal on my big tank. As you can see, I have my ducks in a row.


And finally, here's a shot of a male Black Setwing that I snapped while watering and lugging my Canon with me. Going to all that trouble I had to find something to photograph.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, most Texans don't fair very well when their Horse gets exhausted *smile*

    ReplyDelete