Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Another torturous day

Got to CMO this morning to discover the stucco tank had apparently sprung another leak, since it had gone down  5" in the last day and a half. Sure too bad the new tank isn't installed yet. Would have been great to pump the water into it. As it is, I had my sister come over and help me move the 3 pumps. Then for the next several hours I strung the hoses to get it into the dirt tank. Will probably be pumping most of the night again tonight. The stucco tank is just worn out. Only good for temporary holding water until I can get it into the new tank.


I'm ordering some hexagonal tiles to cover the rock tank so it won't lose water to evaporation. Cost is $1000, but I have enough after paying for the new tank to do it, thanks to all who donated to the tank project.


At 9 PM I finished pumping. Dozens of small leaks but I couldn't find any real big ones. I need to scrub the area where most of the leaks are and then coat it with Dryloc. I just don't know if I physically can do all that tomorrow. Don't know if I can get help on such short notice. While the water stays in the dirt tank I lose probably 10,000 gallons or more a day, so time is crucial. Just two weeks until I get the new tank and my problems will be greatly reduced. Hoping I have plenty of water to fill the new tank plus some left over in the in-ground tanks for wildlife. I'm working hard to make that happen.

Since the rain a few days ago the new parking area has settled down and not a dust bowl anymore. I'm glad the worst of that mess is over.




No comments:

Post a Comment