Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, October 15, 2018

No good news


Well, it was winter today, as forecast. I went to CMO to meet the contractor who was to deliver the sand and level the pad today. He showed up promptly but declared he couldn't work in such terrible weather, and left. Cold, wet, windy. Said maybe he'd be back Wed. or Thurs. So I turned around and went back to Alpine. A week until installation day and still no level pad or sand. On top of that, the stucco tank is still leaking almost as bad as before I drained and refilled it. (Was 5" in 36 hrs and now 3" in 33 hrs.) I knew too much water was leaking for me to have found the leak. Has to be under the mud somewhere. That's over another foot I'll lose by installation day. If I have to postpone installation, that'll be worse.

Oasis shrouded in mist


More rain is forecast all week so maybe the tank will fill up, even if it's too rainy to work. This weekend will be slightly better and I should be able to get the pad ready then. And they don't want the finish sand put on until the last minute so rain won't pack it. Any other time I wouldn't have a chance of rain in October. Go figure! But my son will be back from his vacation and hopefully will help. Also the rep from the tank company said he'd come a few days early if need be to help get the pad ready. So it just has to happen.

I would never have taken on the tank project if I'd had a choice but the recent incidences with the stucco tank only go to show I procrastinated too long to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment