Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Oasis is quite birdy

Working on the pad yesterday wore me out so I came to town this morning. Makes my back hurt too much. I got the worst part done anyway. I just don't even dare think about the tank project anymore or I get too stressed.

Before I came to town I watched birds for awhile. Finally got a photo of an Ash-throated Flycatcher that I had been hearing for a couple of weeks. It could possibly be a Brown-crested, I guess. My photos aren't really good enough to determine, but it sounds like an Ash-throated.




Here's a male Lucifer Hummingbird that seems to be growing a new tail.


A ways south of Alpine today I saw what appeared to be a huge dead Black Bear along the highway. Because this spring and early summer were so hot and dry my oaks didn't make acorns, so at least I didn't have to deal with bears this October like I did last October.


No comments:

Post a Comment