Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Big rain

It was great to get a big rain this late in the season.. I've got enough water to fill both tanks, which will last until next rainy season. I would have enough to fill the new tank too, so that if rainy season doesn't come next summer I could get by, but the tank is still two weeks from being installed. And in two weeks the extra water in the dirt tanks will be nearly gone.


I'm really stressed thinking the tank pad isn't level enough. Gonna try to get someone out to level it. Too scary waiting until I have the installers here and the expensive finish sand on it and then learn it can't be installed because it's not level enough.  Would cost a bunch to have them reschedule and come out again. I'm really stressing over this. Per my measurements, the highest part of the pad and the lowest part are 6" apart. Has to be level within ½."

I spent many hours today digging a ditch to hopefully drain water from the low end of the new parking area. I'm sure I didn't get it deep enough and an exercise in futility, totally exhausting me. Gotta stop doing that stuff.


Yesterday went to Odessa with my husband, and have to go again tomorrow. He insists I go along in case he wants help with the driving but he never does. Also cleaned a rent house yesterday afternoon. I'm killing myself, but things should slow down after the tank project is done.

Right now I'm focused on getting the pumping done. Dealing with the pumps and hoses is always a big pain. When it comes to water, no pain, no gain. Pumping water from the upper dirt tank to this lower dirt tank because it holds water better.



No comments:

Post a Comment