Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Lots of migrants today



Ahead of the impending cold front, due in two days, lots of birds dropped by the oasis. Since I'm pumping water back into the stucco tank, I had time in between gassing up the pump to snap a few photos. Here are a couple I took of some of the many warblers.

Townsend's Warbler

Black & White Warbler
I see quite a few Fiery Skippers in Alpine but none at CMO, so was surprised to find this nice female here today.


I've been pumping water into the stucco tank all day. Hope it pays off to have drained it, but I don't think the lost water can be made up by the time I get the new tank installed. Oh well, never again!


Feels good to be putting it in instead of taking it out, though. No recent snake encounters along the overgrown walkways.


No comments:

Post a Comment