Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Waiting impatiently

The rains seemed to have stopped, and I want the tank installed before I lose any more water. They say possibly in 2 weeks. I'll lose enough water in that time to fill the tank half full. I never dreamed it would drag on this long.

Here's the new parking area after a night of slow soaking rain. In the background is the pad with a few little puddles in it. I think we'll wait until the tank is installed to fix the parking area. The water stayed like that all day. The tank lost way more water than the parking area did today. It must be clay. I'll have to cover it with gravel when we get it done. Right now it's temporary until the tank is installed.


Still a crazy number of hummingbirds swarming at the feeders. And most of them are all fattened up for their imminent migration trip.

Male Lucifer Hummingbird
Female or juvenile Lucifer
I always dread when sapsuckers hang around during migration. They're really hard on the trees.

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
And so are the caterpillars that are consuming the mulberry leaves again this year.


A lot of fresh butterflies too.

Cloudless Sulphur

Painted Lady


No comments:

Post a Comment