Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Money left over

I'm still getting donations so I figure while I have the money I'll do a couple of other much needed repairs at the oasis. First I'm going to seal and cover the rock tank. Securing water always takes priority over everything else.

And I figured out how to fix the electrical problem without a whole lot of work or expense. Should be able to do it with a couple hundred dollars for about 50' of wiring. Plus will have to hire someone to dig a trench to bury it.

Since I may never be financially able to do anything on the road once this gofundme money is gone, I'm going to see if I can get a concrete company to come out to assess what they can do and what they can't do. It's a question of if the huge truck can turn around or even fit through the gate.

I want to be absolutely certain that the new tank doesn't leak so I'm going to sift some of the arroyo sand and put a thin layer of that on the dirt pad before the finish sand. And going to fine tune the leveling with a level and a long 2x4. (It doesn't look level enough to me.)

I went to check the intake filter on the upper dirt tank and had to wade through a forest of nearly 5' tall cockle-burs. yuck!


Still quite a few Ruby-throated Hummingbirds around, as well as Lucifers.


I was observing this butterfly as it flew into a spider web. In an instant the spider was on it.


My allergies are bothering me with all the stuff blooming and all the pollen. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep it under control with Claritin, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment