Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

This too shall pass

A cool rainy day in town. Hugh said he heard on the radio that this is the wettest October on record. Wouldn't surprise me.

The company that sells the floating hex tiles to prevent evaporation contacted me that they won't deliver to a residence. They wanted to refund my money. Said they don't like to do little jobs. (Only big million dollar jobs I guess.) But I'm going to try to get them to deliver it to a delivery business in Alpine, since they require a loading dock. A loading dock for a mere 300 lbs, would you believe? So I'll faint dead away if the delivery actually happens this week. I've never used a delivery service, but my son recommended it. It's called Tex Pack of Alpine. I don't want to pay them to actually deliver to me. I want to pick it up there. That's my plan anyway. I'm not going to give up on this. I have to persevere.


Tomorrow I'm going to go to the delivery service with its loading dock and try to arrange delivery there. Then I'm going to CMO to service my hummingbird feeders and get a few hours breather from the city. Probably not warm enough for odes and butterflies, but maybe some interesting birds will show up. It'll be November so I can start my November species lists.


2 comments:

  1. I have never seen this type of floating evaporation devices, but have seen ranchers use something similar. I have seen similar sized balls on water troughs the rancher says work quite well. That might be an option?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided on these rather than the balls because these prevent evaporation better. Delivery has been set up, so I'm excitedly waiting for their arrival. Will post lots of pics.

    ReplyDelete