Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, November 1, 2018

New oasis butterfly species

I was excited today to discover this longtail butterfly as I was ever-so-reluctantly leaving the oasis this afternoon. I thought it was a Zilpa Longtail, which wasn't a new oasis species, but still exciting. So when I got to town and Brian ID'd it as a male Dorantes Longtail, I got excited all over again. It was along my road in a big bushy American Threefold (Trixis californica).


Just had to go service my feeders and start my November lists. Had my first oasis Anna's Hummingbird for the season, plus a pair of Lucifer Hummingbirds, and several Rufous. One archilochus, which I think is a Ruby-throated.

Anna's
Anna's

Rufous Hummingbird

Probably Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Saturday we're going to spread the 2" layer of finish sand. Exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment