Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, November 19, 2018

Lovely oasis day

Sunrise found me rushing past Santiago Mountain.


As usual, the oasis low (32°) was less than anywhere else in the Big Bend area, and the oasis high was equal to the Big Bend's high (Presidio 70°). I just don't get it!

Here's the new oasis footprint. Not too bad. At least a tank implies water, as does an oasis.


Verbena are coming up all over my walkways. So frustrating! My sister suggested that may be due to shoes pressing the seeds into the soil in the walkways. Birders will have to trample them in the spring, but maybe I can keep them protected in March and April, when they'll be blooming at their peak.



I'm beginning to relax a little about the water situation. Every time I check the new tank the level is the same in it. Also I'm getting the work around it in shape. Thanksgiving day my sons are going to fix the berm around it, and parking lot, and then it should be done, except for the gravel I have to put around it. Today I put down some weather-shade so if, just if, I get a big rain before the gravel is on, I shouldn't have to worry about any erosion around the tank base. I know it won't rain for many months but it feels good to be prepared in this ridiculously unpredictable country.


Worn leafwing, probably Tropical



2 comments:

  1. So has Brian recovered from his illness? Did I miss an update?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is slowly recovering, but asked me not to post about it, so I deleted those posts. My life is an open book but sometimes I have to respect friends' privacy.

      Delete