Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Alpine day

Last night I got the much anticipated tome of "Flowering Plants of the Trans-Pecos Texas" by Michael Powell. My sister and I have had so much difficulty organizing our flower photos, so now that the definitive word is available to us, we're working at it with renewed energy.


While it leaves much to be desired in its over 1440 pages, we would never have a chance to get our properties' plants cataloged without it. Plant family names keep changing, as do the Latin names, so we're going to align our files with Powell's. Better photos and illustrations would be really helpful, but with a little detective work we'll get it all sorted out. It's sure good that I have my sister to collect specimens and get Dr.Powell's IDs on them. Otherwise, I'd never know what they are. Need a plant field guide and this book isn't helpful for that at all. But it enables me to organize my already ID'd photos into the proper families.

Hugh wanted me to repot a plant on the patio so I took a little break from all-day computering. While at it, I saw this Variegated Fritillary caterpillar. That's it for today! 




No comments:

Post a Comment