Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, November 23, 2018

Ready

The oasis is ready for a big rain on the new tank.


And the parking area is ready for vehicles.


And the seed feeder is at full-mast, ready for bears.


Of course there's still more work that needs doing. That's always going to be the case, but I have until spring migration to get the rest of the gravel spread on the parking area. Mostly the overflow parking area, but since I have plenty of material, I'd like more on the main parking area. Removing gravel from the arroyo creates more room in it for water, besides giving me rock for around the tank (still need much more there) and surfacing over the clay. It's not often that birders are here during or after a big rain, but once is enough. It's a muddy mess without gravel over it. 

I'm starting to feel more relaxed and happy with the new tank now that I think it's ready for a monsoon. My awesome son even made a new sign for the oasis. So many visitors miss that last turn. Shouldn't happen anymore.





No comments:

Post a Comment