Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Real time progress

Finally got the floating tiles today! I'm dying to take them to CMO and put them on the tank but unfortunately, they're too heavy for me to unload. They're in my husband's trailer and he refused to take them down today. Probably won't tomorrow either since we're supposed to get really cold weather. Once I get them down there, I can open the bags and remove them a few at a time. I think both bags together weigh 500 lbs.


Thanks again to all you generous donors for making this exciting purchase possible! This will keep the water in my 11,000 gallon rock tank from evaporating. Can't wait to post photos of them on the tank. I can't use them in my in-ground tanks because those tanks fill automatically during a flash flood. And when the big tank is full, the excess runs back down the arroyo. Once I tried to put up a screen at the spillway into the big tank. It piled up debris coming down the arroyo and totally blocked incoming water. So a screen to keep the tiles from getting out of the tank would also keep water from getting in. Flash floods are uncontrollable dangerous surges that can fill my huge big tank in 8 minutes, bringing tons of debris with it, including huge yuccas, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment