Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Warm day

It got up to 85° at the oasis today, which was almost the warmest place in the Big Bend. And the low this morning was 43° which was the same as the coldest place in the Big Bend. It's so weird how the oasis is always among the hottest and the coldest spots.

Not as puny today, so made me a swiveling screed board to tweak the leveling on the tank pad. It was pretty darn level, if I do say so myself. Installation day is a week away.


The rope is so I can drag the board around the pivot post. I stop and check the level every few feet. The part Mike leveled is more level than the part I leveled. I'm not through with my board, but wore out and needed to come to town. The tank tiles were supposed to arrive today, but didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

Here's the paintbrush I re-photographed today. I think it's the Rigid Indian Paintbrush (Castilleja rigida)


Verdins make nests year-round. Here's one I saw today with nesting material.





No comments:

Post a Comment