Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Life speeds by

On November 21st I had arrived at the oasis after dark with my son, his wife, one child and one dog. I didn't know a birder (Janey Woodley) had spent the day there photographing birds until I saw her post the next day on a Facebook group I belong to. Yesterday, I saw her ebird checklist for the visit. Very impressive for late November. Here's a link to it, embellished with her wonderful photos:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50238722

Since she photographed two Lucifer Hummingbirds that day, I've seen one male Lucifer there, though have had no time to do any real birding. When I was last there on the 23rd, I saw what I thought was a Merlin, but wasn't positive. So I was delighted to see that Janey had photographed one when she was there. Not sure if it's a new oasis species or not, but I didn't have any photos of one at the oasis until now.



I'm consulting with a concrete company about my road. They said they'd come see what they can, and cannot, do on it. Hopefully, I'll find out this week. That's how I want to spend the money left after the tank project. I also intend to improve the viewing blind, but should be able to do that at very little cost with stuff I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment