Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Fun day in the park

I went birding (and butterflying) to Big Bend National Park today with my sister-in-law, Dale Ohl. We always have fun, but since they moved to E TX we haven't been able to do it as much. But they're planning on moving back to Alpine, so hopefully, this won't be an isolated event. I'm trying to ease her into an interest in butterflies. Meanwhile, I got 3 lifers today. This first one is an Acacia Skipper.





























Next, is a Sleepy Duskywing. I didn't get a very satisfying photo of it. If I could have gotten more good photos, I'm sure I would have had more lifers. Oh, well, save some for the next time.



























And this third one is an Azure, maybe a Southwestern. Brian called it a Spring Azure. Either way, it's my first Azure.


And the best bird we saw today, in my opinion, was a White-eyed Vireo, singing away at the sewage ponds in Chisos Basin at the park. I was lucky to even get this poor photo of it. It became the 313th species for my Brewster County list, if my count is correct. All in all, a very good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment