Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Swarms of butterflies at CMO

I spent as much time as possible out looking for butterflies. My eye started bothering me after a while, and I didn't want to jeopardize the healing process. As it is right now, I could live with it this way. I think I'll be happy with it once it heals, the contact comes out, and I don't have to keep putting drops in that burn painfully. The eye still isn't as good as the other eye, which is by no means perfect vision either. But I think it's slightly better than it was before this last procedure. I'm still hoping it'll get as good, or better, than the other eye.

I think this is a Saltbush Sootywing, not a new species for CMO, but the first butterfly I saw on my new Woolly Butterfly Bush. Thanks to the great folks on the Facebook Texas butterfly group for help with today's IDs.


































While out looking I saw this little plant that I think is a Twin Leaf Senna. I don't remember seeing that species here before. All the rain is producing wonders. Can't wait to see what the Native Plant Society locates when they come visit Saturday.


Also don't remember seeing fruit/seed pods like this on a juniper before. This is a volunteer that came up several years ago.


And this butterfly is a Tiny Checkerspot, I think. Brian can correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't seen very many of those before.


It appears as if my Ruta Graveolens is going to bloom for the first time this year. Can't wait to see what that attracts.


No comments:

Post a Comment