Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Update

No interesting pictures yesterday or today, but just want to update things.

The two ducklings are no more. Not surprised, though I had been hopeful.

My eye doctor and dentist appointments in Odessa today went well. My vision is as good as it's going to get, but I can live with it (with reading glasses). Dental implants are fine and healthy.

We got half an inch of rain at the oasis today.* It may cause the internal baffles on the hummingbird feeders to overflow and attract bees, but I can't justify going down there just for that. Bees usually swarm one or two feeders and leave the others alone. Since I put up extra feeders, it should be fine until I get back down there in a day or two. I'm busy in town drying apricots. Peaches are almost ready. We're going to cover the tree tomorrow with bird netting.


The apples are green but I like eating green apples. Don't want to dry them green though, so I'll wait a couple of weeks on them. The birds will get a bunch, but it's not practical to cover the tree. It's way too tall.


* The rain at the oasis today was a long slow drizzle so nothing ran into the tanks, but at least the ground got a good watering. Hopefully, now that it's summer, the monsoons will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment