Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Alpine forced rest and recovery

Even though I spent over 14 hours the last couple of days (7 on the trail and 7 watering trees in the 100° + heat), I'm ready to get back to the trail work. That isn't going to happen until Thursday morning though.

So I'm searching for odonates and butterflies here in town. Found what I think is my first Alpine American Rubyspot.


And I'm pretty sure this is a Plateau Spreadwing.


I've been wanting to post these before and after photos from the last day I worked on my sister's Blue Oak Trail. The most fun part of the trail for me was picking and sledgehammering this outcrop from the trail. Here's the before:

And the after:

The outcrop had been blocking the trail. I made sure I didn't harm that bush underneath the arrow. These photos were taken several weeks apart and the bush is greener in the last one.


No comments:

Post a Comment