Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Adversity galore!


While driving to CMO this morning I couldn't resist stopping at a huge long patch of thistles along Highway 118, approximately 30 miles south of Alpine. No interesting butterflies, I thought, but Brian corrected my ID on this one. Much more interesting than if it had been the Northern Cloudywing I thought it was.

Desert Cloudywing
Got to CMO eager to put in the new breaker and hopefully solve the electrical problem. By then it was 100.° The breaker didn't fix the problem. The electrician has promised to be here tomorrow. Until then I'm just going to water what I can with my little sump pump. I keep hearing about all the wonderful rain other people are getting. Still waiting my turn here.

But as horrible as things are here, it's not as bad as 2011 when I bought and hauled water for a whole year. The high today was 108.° When it cooled off to 103° around 7 PM I started watering.  Got in a couple of hours before too dark. Slow going with the little pump but better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment