Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, June 15, 2018

New oasis ode

I came down to CMO today but still too puny from my shingles vaccine* yesterday to do much of anything. I would have watered had I felt better. But the pump still isn't working so that would mean dragging hoses. Maybe tomorrow. Rain is forecast all week too.

Instead of napping like I had planned I couldn't resist sitting and watching dragonflies. Was really excited to find a species I hadn't seen at the oasis before. Experts ID'd it as a Five-striped Leaftail.


In 2014 I photographed my one and only leaftail sighting at Lajitas but the photo was too bad to tell if it was a Four-striped or Five-striped so I couldn't really count it. Very cool to get my lifer Five-striped at CMO.

The electrician said he'd be back today to put in a new breaker box at the guesthouse to see if that would fix the pump problem, but he didn't show up. I texted him eventually and he now says he'll be here Tuesday. 
________________________________________________________

*Got the new Shingrix vaccine. It's known to have these side effects, but it's way more effective than the old vaccine. I was hoping I'd escape the misery, but not to be. Have to get a second shot in 2 months. Dreading that. I'll definitely postpone it until after the hummingbird festival.


No comments:

Post a Comment