Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Excessive heat

I believe this must be setting records. I don't remember any year where so many consecutive day were 110° or more. Today was 112.° I don't remember it ever getting that hot here. You'd think the tanks with water and the trees would make the oasis cooler than other places in the area, but even Lajitas only got up to 110° today. Weird.

Yesterday evening there was a small shower and today light sprinkles but no relief. Mac and I put a new pressure switch on the stucco tank line but it won't even come on intermittently now. So frustrated. Here he is taking a photo of the wiring so he'll be sure to get it on exactly like the old one was.


He did, but that wasn't the problem either. It could be worse. What if I was out of water? Then I'd be watching everything die. At least now I can manage to get it watered, just harder and slower.

Mac is packed and ready to head back to East Texas before daylight in the morning. We've had a lot of fun in the six weeks he was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment