Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Can't keep up

Last night I intended to pump out the upper dirt tank, but once again the water stopped pumping before it was empty. So I just turned the pump off and also the electric pump in the big tank and went to bed. I'm thinking weeds must be messing with the suction. Gonna clean them out when it dries.

Meanwhile, I went to bed around 11 PM, my normal bedtime. Got up at midnight to put drops in my eyes. They get dry and painful. Can't open them until I get drops in. I think I turned on the light, but not sure. Half asleep, I remember reaching for the drops on my desk and feeling horrible pain in my right hand and left foot. Not sure which first. Had to have been a scorpion or centipede. Only an ice pack for an hour made the pain to my foot bearable. I've never been bothered by scorpion bites before. Sharp pain for a minute and that's the end of it. But centipedes leave 2 punctures and I can't find any, so I don't know. Right on the heels of my shingles vaccine I feel pretty battered. Strangely, my hand still hurts and is swollen, but my foot is normal. Maybe when I got bit in the foot I swung my hand and whacked it against the chair or something. Don't see how that would be possible considering where my hand was at the time.

This morning I struggled with pumps and got the stucco tank half full. The other big tank is brimful of course. Just about the time I had to leave for town it warmed up and odes started flying. So wanted to stay and watch them. I've discovered that the good or rare ones are never around for more than a couple of hours, so I wish I could be there more. I'll go back down in a couple of days. Meanwhile, my body is going to rest.

It really bothers me that I can't keep up with the work at the oasis. Now while the ground is wet weeds are easy to pull. Not happening. The road needs work, at least raking the rocks off. I picked up some on the way to town, as many as my aching body could manage. No pictures today.

My schedule is so hectic for awhile yet. Wish it could slow down. Maybe next month. Gotta get the pump working. The electrician is supposed to come Tuesday, but I'll believe that when I see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment