Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, June 8, 2018

Doing some Alpine time

It's not bad, I'm always happy wherever I'm at, but I do miss being at the oasis. Feeling like I might be missing out on good butterflies or dragonflies. In town I try to get more rest so I can do more when I get to the oasis.

The last couple of days I've been playing on my ancestry tree. It's like looking for butterflies or dragonflies..... a treasure hunt. New photos of ancestors or relatives are the treasure here. There's a blank on the tree when there's no photo, so like a bingo card, I'm always trying to fill in the blanks. Kind of like Jim Peterson does on his Texas Bird Images (http://www.texasbirdimages.com/).

Here's an example from my tree (happens to be my great-grandparents). The descendants from my grandparents are pretty much filled in, but not so much from one of their other sons, my great-uncle, Adolph. Takes a lot of research to find photos of distant cousins etc. Facebook is helpful, but really time-consuming. So whenever I locate one it's like winning an online game, only better. Not very often do Facebook users post old photos of their ancestors, but once in a while it happens. Much more rewarding than crossword puzzles.


The tomatoes are doing fine. Taking long to ripen due to all the heat, but enough for us.


Here's a gorgeous Two-spotted Forester Moth photographed by Kelly Bryan yesterday in the Davis Mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment