Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Chasing a lifer

Late yesterday afternoon Bill Sain and I impulsively went to Post Park in Marathon to try to locate a Yellow-green Vireo that had been seen and photographed there.


I got about a 15 second look at it and no photo, so we're going back today along with others.

Brian is now back home in California. Here's a picture of a Drury's Metalmark caterpillar that he collected on his trip here. I forgot to post it sooner.


About 5 days after I got my second, and last, Shingrix vaccination I got some red welts on my legs that didn't bother me unless I touched them, then they were very painful. Don't know if it is related to the vaccine or stress, or both.


Got my son's property leased. Not real optimistic about the new tenants but that's how it goes. My husband's house is done being detailed and should lease soon. So I'm taking time to do fun things. Yesterday I went to the oasis and serviced feeders. Had gotten a little rain, so didn't water. Still no runoff into my tanks and rainy season is almost over. Other places not far from me got lots of runoff. I may just have to let go. Nothing is forever.

Here's the bird that I didn't get a photo of. This photo is by the finder, T Jay Adams.


UPDATE: We did not relocate the vireo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment