Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Downhill from sunrise


We got to the oasis before sunrise and started work on the tank pad. Before long, the loader's cylinder seal blew out and fluid was pouring out. So Hugh loaded the loader and took it back to town for repair.

While we were digging in the pad we unearthed a prehistoric earth oven. I had known it was there from when we originally made the parking lot there, but left it for posterity. Since we have to lower the grade there, it's no longer "saved."


So my sister, the archaeologist, came over just to see how deep it went. She determined it to be standard depth, I forgot now, but I think around 22." (The earth oven makes the dirt on it black.)


Then I went to get in my pickup and noticed a big dent in the passenger door. Bummer! Someone must have backed into it when it was parked. 


In spite of it being a windy day, or maybe because of it, a Monarch showed up.


I sure hate having the beautiful oasis all torn up. Will be so glad when it's done and healed.


Senna Wislizeni


No comments:

Post a Comment