Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, September 24, 2018

No real progress today

While we didn't gain anything today, we're learning. We put sand from the arroyo on the pad and it was obvious that it wouldn't work. So we're going to remove it and level the pad first, and then put dirt on it and not use dirt or sand to level it. I worry that the dirt and sand would squish down under the weight of the water while the part that doesn't need dirt and sand would not. So the tank would tilt. Can't have that. Gotta use my head here.




And the loader is leaking hydraulic fluid so that needs fixing. But it takes a long time to get stuff fixed in Alpine so we're going to just keep adding fluid and try to get the pad done. My son is going down this weekend with his tractor to help. We'll see.

Still don't have enough donations for the installation and now it seems gonna have to buy sand for the topcoat, like more sand than I can sift. I can't believe 2" of sand would be that much, but I'm still looking into it. The online calculator said 12 yards of sand, which is a large dump truck load. So I think it'll be doable to get a load hauled in.



No comments:

Post a Comment