Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, September 22, 2018

CMO under construction

Since the tank will take up all the space in the current parking area, it's necessary to make a new parking area. Right now with the tank not installed and the additional parking area, it looks like an obscenely huge parking area. But it'll shrink soon enough when the tank gets installed, hopefully around Oct. 15.



A parking area doesn't seem like it should be priority right now, but the trucks that install the tank and maybe deliver sand have to have room to maneuver. It's so frustrating when there's no place down there to park or turn around or anything. So that has to be part of the process. I hauled about 10 loads of brush off today and shouldn't have more than 5 to do tomorrow. I'm exhausted. Loading, unloading, loading.....  That prickly pear is the worst. I have stickers all over my body, and they are so heavy. The majority of what we took out was creosote. Just a few prickly pears.


Hugh's going to come back Monday, after I have all the brush picked up, to haul sand/gravel out of the arroyo to pad the parking area. Otherwise, it gets real muddy. He also needs to level one section of the parking area.

I usually can work 4 hours a day and Hugh can make it 3 hours. Today he made it 3½ hrs, and I did 10 hours. May not be able to move tomorrow, but I'm really motivated to get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment